**All Church activities will be cancelled through June 13th
1. Our Safety & Security Team met last Saturday at the Church Building. There was agreement that June 14th was a reasonable target date for us to plan a reopening. And so, as announced in this week’s Newsletter, we will plan to have a Sunday Morning Worship Service on June 14th. In the meantime, we will continue to watch and listen to evolving circumstances. If necessary, we are ready to change or adjust our plans.
2. The health and safety of every member of our church family has been and, will continue to be, the priority for us as we take steps toward our reopening. You can rest assured that when you step into the church building on that first Sunday of reopening, you will walk into a safe, clean, and sanitized environment.
3. There will be a number of changes that will need to be in place before we meet again for the first time. These changes will obviously address social distancing issues as well as how we actually do the common things we do in our worship services (e.g., Lord’s Supper, Collection, Fellowship Time). Before we meet for the first time, these “changes” will be clearly communicated to our Church Family.
4. Here are some details from the City of Allen Health Report for May 19th:
a. The City of Allen continues to have the lowest infection rate of any large city in North Texas.
b. There are currently 26 active cases.
c. There have been 81 total confirmed cases in Allen; 55 have recovered.
d. There have been 0 deaths in Allen associated with COVID-19.
5. Here are some details from the Collin County Public Health Report for May 19th:
a. The “curve” has flattened in Collin County. The biggest concern remains protecting the most vulnerable—e.g., those who reside in assisted living facilities.
b. There were 26 new cases as of 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
c. There are currently 314 active cases (total cases minus recovered and deceased).
d. There are 16 hospitalized with the virus in Collin County with 298 in home isolation. Hospitals have plenty of capacity.
e. There have been 1,073 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Collin County; 728 have successfully recovered.
f. There have been 31 confirmed deaths in Collin County associated with COVID-19.
I love you all! Let’s keep praying for God to intervene and bring an end to this!
The Lord be with you,
Dr. Wyatt E Fenno
Pastor, First Christian Church of Allen
From Pastor Wyatt:
“We Have Lift-Off!” – We will explore the significance of the Ascension of Christ and consider how it now intersects with our current experience as we anticipate our own lift-off on June 14th!
We will meet on Wednesday evening @ 7:00 via ZOOM for Bible Study. I encourage you to join us!
This Week: SONGS OF PRAISE – Psalms 47, 96, 135, 145
“God has ascended among shouts of joy, the LORD amid the sounding of trumpets.”
“Praise” is bearing glad testimony to the greatness of God’s character and to the faithfulness of God’s involvement in the lives of his people.
The Allen Fire Department has setup a Coronavirus Helpline at 214-509-4333. The Helpline is staffed with Allen Fire Department Paramedics from 8:00am to 8:00pm. The paramedics can answer questions related to household preparation, organizational preparation, recommendations for vulnerable individuals, and general questions related to Coronavirus and the Fire Department’s response. Please let your membership know about this new resource.
The Church still needs to pay bills, including salaries. You can either send your tithe by mail, drop it in our outdoor drop box (located next to the East side door), or drop it off at church during office hours (Maryse will be mostly working from home, but will be at the office on Mondays). You can also pay by PayPal, which is available on our website, here's the link: https://fccallen.org/donate.
Thank you for caring!
From Charita Howard:
The SALT Connection is participating with AmazonSmile. It is a simple and automatic way for you to support The SALT Connection every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com. The added bonus is Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to us. To shop at AmazonSmile, simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device.
Please find the set up instructions below....
Set Up Account
1. Go to smile.amazon.com login using your existing amazon credentials.
2. You will be directed to the smile.amazon page (should say that at the top left).
3. Under heading "pick your charitable organization" (left side) enter The SALT Connection and click search and select it as your choice.
4. When you order make sure you go to smile.amazon.com and not just amazon.com and the non-profit name will show up next to "supporting" (after you use smile a few times amazon should automatically go to your smile account).
The S.A.L.T. Connection